Monday, March 19, 2012

Margaret McDonagh

It was  truly saddened to learn  last week that Medical author Margaret McDonagh had passed away. She was only 51 which is far to young to die. And she was such a lovely, lively minded person, with a real talent for writing - and a special talent for friendship - so she will be greatly missed. I know I will miss her lively and interesting emails, her special cards,  and our shared interest in caring for animals .

I first got to know Mags  in 2006 when I was  running that years Christmas Stocking contest and she had just had her very first Medical - The Italian Doctor's Bride - published. I was delighted when she agreed to let me include 2 copies of this book in the two prize stockings and we kept in touch ever since.  She was kind enough to give my 12 Point Guide To Writing Romance credit for some of the  success she had when she tried writing for Mills & Boon again after giving up once.

She also took part in my Great Big Blog partty for the publication of my 50th book  in 2007 and her post then  is so very typical of Mags herself and her personality.  I remember how we shared  a special interest in sponsoring a guide dog for the blind - and laughed   when my sponsored puppy  failed his 'exams'  and her passed with flying colours.

Mags was working on her 19th Medical Romance when she died and sadly that book will now not be finished.   Her latest  - her 18th - Brought Together By Baby  - is on the shelves this  month, and it's so sad that this will be her last one ever.

Rest in peace  Mags - you'll be missed.

4 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Much too young.

Nell Dixon said...

Much, much too young.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry to learn about this. You are right. 51 is far too young to die.

It is a sad day when a colleague dies. Very sad.

Caroline said...

So sad. And so young. Caroline x

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts