Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To catch up . . .

A few things that I need to catch up with since I've been away -

1. I was thrilled to discover that the ebook version of The Good Greek Wife? was the #1 bestseller over on eHarlequin.com at the end of the week. Many thanks to everyone who bought a copy to put it there. The print version will of course be available next month,

2. As a result of two people having to back out of the Advanced Course on Romance Writing at Fishguard in February 2011, the course, that was full, now had two places available to anyone who would like to book - if you're quick! (I think someone may plan to book one already) These places are meant for students who have already attended a basic romance writing course that I have taught. ( I need to make it clear that the price of the full weekend is £209 - and the £39 mentioned on my web site is the cost of booking an extra night before or after the course. Full details are to be found here.)

3. I have been asked a couple of times about the short story contest that was run jointly by The Lady Magazine and Mills & Boon - in connection with the National Trust. The results have actually just been announced and the name of winner and her story are published in this week's (Sept 14th I think) The winner was Emma Ward with her story Passions at Polesden Lacey.

4. Also coming up soon - I will be taking part again in the Calderdale Libraries Writers' Roadshow in Halifax Central Library on Saturday 9th October when I'll be running a 2 hour workshop on Writing Romantic Fiction.

5. Also in Calderdale, as part of the Readers' and Writers' Festival, the Babe Magnet and I will be talking about our writing as 'Crime and Passion' at Todmorden Library on 30th October. Full details here.

6. And don't forget that the closing date for first time entries to the New Voices contest is 22nd September - not long to go so if you want to enter, get your chapter in now!

3 comments:

Sandra Schwab said...

Oooh, you've got a new book out! Must dash to amazon and see if I can order it there! I'm currently digging into older M&B novels (Jacqueline Gilbert's in particular) and so I'm not really up to date in regard to current titles. Must remedy this!

Kate Walker said...

Hello Sandra - good to 'see' you here again.

Yes, I have - had? - The Good Greek Wife? out in July UK - the in October it's out in Presents EXTRA in America. Hope you like it.

Kate Walker said...

PS Jacqueline Gilbert - I remember her. Didn't she die tragically young? I know she only wrote a few books.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts