Saturday, August 07, 2010

Conflicted and New Voices

I hope that my posts on Conflict are helping you grasp this topic. Thank you to everyone who has commented or sent me private thanks for the internet 'workshop' - I'm really happy it's giving you the information you need. I'll be coming back to the final posts, and to answering some more of your questions about conflict in the next few days. But, as the title of this post says, I'm conflicted about what to give my attention to as I am so very very busy right now (nothing new there!)

And I'm really glad that I had some of these posts ready and scheduled to post on here because if I hadn't I don't think I would have found time to put anything on my blog. As you'll know, I'vebeen away in Wales at the fabulous fantastic Caerleon Writers' Holiday. It was particularly lovely this time, though saddened by the news that our dear friend Iris Gower had died. The final Cwmbach Male Voice Choir performance at the end of the week was particularly poignant when they sang her favourite song Myfanwy as a tribute to a lovely lady.


As always, the Babe Magnet and I just didn't want to come home. But before we left we were already booked to teach at Caerleon again next year (July 24th - 29th 2011) - so the Magnet will be teaching the Writing Poetry course and I will, of course be teaching Writing Contemporary Romance. This has become a slightly more important course now for would-be romance writers as it's Part One of the two part course - Writing Romance and Writing Romance Moving it on. The second part will be taught at Fishguard Writing Weekend.


But of course I will be teaching other courses and workshops before then. If you are a member of a Writers' Group that is a member of NAWG (National Association of Writers' Groups) I will be teaching at their festival in Durham 3rd-5th September 2010.


And as part of the New Voices Contest that Mills and Boon are organising, I'll also be running a workshop in Doncaster central library
So if any of you live near Doncaster and would like to come along, then the details you'll need are:
DATE: August 26th 2010
PLACE: Doncaster Central Library Waterdale Doncaster DN1 3JE
TIME: 10am- 12
For more details phone: 01302 736000
And of course the details of the New Voices Contest can be found here

No comments:

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts