Sunday, November 15, 2009

Kate's Corner etc

Well, that was a week - the revisions for the Greek Myth book had a very fast turnaround date on them to catch a slot that had been saved so I concentrated on that for most of the week. I felt like I barely looked up from the computer. Now I'm hoping to have a little time to breathe. And maybe to read.

But I have to catch up with so much - and clean out my office so that I can find the floor - it's in here somewhere. And I have emails to answer . . . and blogs to write. . . which reminds me


Today is the day that I start my brand new monthly blog - Kate's Corner - over on We Write Romance. So if you're looking for me on the 15th of each month, that's where I'll be. I posted my first blog there today.

Last night, my treat to myself for finishing the revisions was a lovely indulgent read - I have a TBR pile that is taking on a life of its own - I swear those books are breeding. So I'm going to grab the chance to read one or two - or more. First up (and I've been longing to read this) was the latest Anne McAllister - One-Night Mistress . . .Convenient Wife. And it didn't disappoint.
The Savas brothers are great heroes. I don't think I can pick a favourite - This was Christo's book. I can't wait see what happens with George. (OK I admit, I' ve been getting hints from Anne about what happens to George - and I really can't wait to see what brings him out of his laboratory!

Today was wonderfully mild and sunny, unusually for November. So we were out in the garden, weeding and planting wallflowers. And we had an unexpected visitor.

A tiny, mini Heck. This must be the latest of the Heck the hedgehog family and officially he's a nocturnal creature so he really shouldn't have been wandering around in the garden in daylight. In fact he should have been curled up safe and warm in the hedgehog house and busy hibernating. But there he was, bright and active. I suppose the sunshine had brought him out.

Or perhaps he was hungry. He would need plenty of food to fill him up and fatten him for the hibernation so we fetched the left over cat neat and some hedgehog crun chies and put them out on the lawn near to him so he could fill up quickly and easily. He loved the hedgehog crunchies and we could hear him munching his way through those. Then he scuttled back to the hog house at the bottom of the garden.
I managed to get some photos of him before he want - so here are two of them. Seen up close, he (she? I don't know how you tell with Hecks) he doesn't look that tiny - but he was - so I've posted a pic of him with the Floozie and as you can see, by comparison with Flora he is small.

7 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Oh, cute!

Glad you've come through the week intact!

Lacey Devlin said...

Oh he is just a wee little fellow isn't he?

I'm off to have a look at Kate's corner :D

Unknown said...

Aw, he/she is simply gorgeous. As is Flora, of course.

Will go and check out We Write Romance.

felinewyvern said...

So nice to see the Hecks and their littl'uns are doing well. S/he is so cute :D
Mind you Flora looks completely oblivious to the cutie at her feet :D

Caroline said...

I love hecks! Hope he beds down well for the winter. Take care. Caroline x

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the link to 'we write romance,' I write romance but I've never been. I'll be sure to stop my here from time to time and say hello.
Take care

Anne McAllister said...

I'm glad you liked Christo, Kate. Thank you for saying so.

And I love seeing the newest Heck. I remember when we first christened them "the Hecks." Perhaps they just needed a name to give them a chance to explode and turn your garden into a mini-Heckdom.

And Flora is, as always, stunning.

Where's Sid???????????

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts