Monday, November 30, 2009

John O'Groats to Land's End . . .

(In case you don't know that means going from the most northerly point on mainland Britain (in Scotland) to the very southernmost spot at the end of Cornwall)

Well, perhaps not, but it almost seems like it. I spent yesterday organising the updates for myweb site and one of the things I had to fo was to revise and bring up to date my Events page. I've had some comments in the past from writers wishing that I might do a workshop or a coure closer to where they live- with Scotland particularly being the place that was missing out the most. But yesterday as I listed the events coming up between now and next November, I realised that I will be travelling the length and breadth of the country and hopefully if you're interested you will find a course or at the very least a talk that will be within your reach.

So I thought I'd give you some advance warning on these so that you can look out for the ones that are going to be closest to you - sorry to everyone in America and Australia and all other countries. But there's only one of me and I'm stretched pretty tightly as it is!

February 15th - belated Valentine's Day event.
An Evening With Kate Walker
Place: Central Library . Surrey Street, Sheffield S1 1XZ
Time: 6-8pm
Date:15th February
More details when I get them


February 19th - 21st
FISHGUARD WRITERS & ARTISTS' WORKSHOP WEEKEND
Course: Contemporary Romance
Details can be found here


March 25th and 27th
Highlands and Islands Arts http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/
I will be running a couple of events/seminars on romance writing organised by Highlands and Islands Arts. At the moment, things are still being finalised, but the probable dates/venues I have are:
Thursday 25th March 2010 (evening) Inverness
Saturday 27th March 2010 (afternoon) Ullapool
Full details and venues to be announced - watch my web site Events page for more information


RESIDENTIAL TRAINING
Event: a two day residential course on Writing Romance held in the beautiful surroundings of New Place Shirrell Heath, Southampton.
Dates: 24th - 25th April 2010
Venue: New Place, Shirrell Heath Southampton Hampshire SO32 2JH


ROMANTIC NOVELISTS' ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE
Place: University of Greenwich in SE London
Dates: Friday 9th July - Sunday 11th July 2010


WRITERS’ HOLIDAY AT CAERLEON
Dates: 25th July - 30th July 2010
I will be teaching a five part course on The 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance.
Further details and booking forms can be found here: http://www.writersholiday.net/

With the Babe Magnet teaching Writing True Crime

NAWG (National Association of Writers’ Groups) Festival of Writing
Place St Aidan's College, University of Durham, Durham,
Dates:September 3-5
http://www.nawg.co.uk/
More details when I get them

Hopefully one of these will be manageable for many of you. I'll look forward to meeting you somewhere. some time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

carolc said...

Wow Kate, what a busy schedule! And you have to fit in writing books into the year as well?

Will definitely see you at the RNA Conference in Greenwich. Seeing as I live there, no excuse not to wander ten minutes down the road for it.

Romy Sommer said...

Hi Kate - if you're taking requests for say ... 2012, please do consider South Africa. We'll even try to provide sunshine!

Anne McAllister said...

So, um, where's the conference at Land's End? I keep hoping.

Sally Clements said...

Wow Kate you really are busy in 2010. Being in Ireland I don't think I'll make any of your classes, but am consoling myself by reading and re-reading (and taking notes) your excellent 12 steps again.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts