Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blogging around - 3

The thing with having a new book out (Kept for her Baby out in Presents EXTRA this week, in case you hadn't noticed ;o) ) is that lots of people want me to come and blog with them and talk about it.


So this last week I've had those posts/interviews at Finding the Write Word and Writers At Play (thanks ladies - I had a wonderful time and I'm glad you liked the shoes! )



Today it's the turn of I Heart Presents which of course is the blog where the writers, editors, and those very special people the readers all get together to celebrate the wonderful books that make up the classic Presents novels and their fabulously intense and seductive stories.


Today I'm talking about being mean to my characters, putting them through torment and imprisoning them as well!

So I hope you'll come along and join me over on I Heart Presents and maybe leave a comment letting me know which Presents novels have moved you recently - maybe even made you shed a tear or two. I know there have been plenty of those for me.


Tomorrow I'm heading for Barnsley Library where the Babe Magnet and I will be holding our day of Crime and Passion starting at 10 am tomorrow morning so if you're anywhere near the area and free to join us please come along and say hello. Places are limited but I know there are still some seats left.

You can find the details on my Events page and on the RNA Blog here.

2 comments:

DarleneLF said...

Thank you, Kate! It was a pleasure to interview you. You're very inspiring to all writers...you make us want to write, write, write :)

Someone somewhere said...

Hi Kate

I am really enjoying "stalking" you around the net picking up all your fantastic writing tips for a wannabe writer such as myself! I can't tell you how much I have learned from both your 12 point guide and all the other tantalising snippets I have tracked down from your various interviews and blog entries. It really is so very generous of you to be so giving of your time and skills to others like this.

Incidentally, a really strange thing happenned to me last Thursday. I had to travel to Newport to the Passport Office for an, ahem! emergency passport (Well how was I to know that a child's passport is only valid for 5 years), and on the way back I took a completely wrong turn and ended up in Caerleon. I kept thinking why is this name familiar, and then I remembered - it's the home of the writing holiday I will be going on next year.

Well that's just got to be fate because sure as eggs is eggs, I'd never have found my way directly there from Devon next year, but now I don't have to worry about that at all.

So keep those tips coming please. The closing date for the Modern Heat competition is looming and I'm having last minute nerves about my entry about 20 times a day so every word of advice helps.

Thanks again

Sharon

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts