Friday, August 21, 2009

Critter Catch Up - Cats and Hecks

It's been a while since I posted any new photos of the cats and as people have been asking about them - and about the Hecks (It's not just you who's been wondering, Ilona!) I thought that I'd just do a quick round up of what they're all up to today - or last night in the case of the Hecks as they were out and about then.


The problems I had with my camera are solved - it was a case of a missing charger which meant that the battery died on me in Caerleon - so I can show up to date pics of everyone you've been asking about.



So - the Hecks are fine and eating lots of cat crunchies to stoke up body fat ready to hibernate later in the year. The most frequent visitors are definitely the pair who always came together last year - they're usually both together this year as well, and one of them has a distinctive very black face so we recognise them. I did have a picture of them cleaning up the dead bird on the lawn but that's a bit gruesome so I've settled for the more civilised eacting cat crunchies image.

Princess Flora Flooziebelle spends most of her time in the garden while the sun shines. She has a new friend in a young tabby and cream cat who often comes to visit and they play together when she's not posing for photographs under the fuschia or other places that make her look glamorous.



Dylan is a nocturnal cat so he's out and about in the night time when we rarely see him. And in the daytime he ends up in here - but stay fast asleep and doesn't want to be disturbed - not even for photgraphs. Specially not for photographs.




And Sir Sidney - when he's not picking winners for the contests loves to sit on his cushion on my office windowsill and watch the world go by - while inspiring me to write the story of my latest Greek hero of course!
Don't forget to get your entries in for the Summer Sizzler contest so he can have plenty of crunchies to choose from! He's looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

What gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing.

Jan Jones said...

They're ALL photogenic, Kate! Lovely to see them.

Caroline said...

Hi Kate. Lovely photos. Sir Sid does indeed look very regal - quite deserving of his Honorable title. Love hedgehogs. I haven't seen that many this year - but we've had such bad weather up here that I haven't been out in the garden that much! Take care. Caroline x

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Theodorable is swooning at the latest pic of her personal hero, Sir Sid!

Princess Flora is growing more beautiful with every picture and Dylan - well, at least he looks very comfy.

The hedgehogs are SO cute. Don't have them here so it's quite exotic for me to see them eating in your garden.

Unknown said...

Ahhh Dylan... keeping his gloriousness hidden from the world. I like a cat who doesn't need to flaunt his wonderfulness. Give him all my love (and some for you and the BM!)
Love
Bxx

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts