Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Birthdays and Lemons!

I'm preoccupied with a difficult Greek hero who is taking up most of my time and attention but I have to blog today to say Happy Birthday to one of my favourite people - the lovely Abby Green whose special day is today.




As well as being a great writer, Abby is a wonderful friend. Her surpise visit to Fishguard was a real highlight of that weekend. She's also a great hostess on our frequent visits to Dublin - now more frequent because of her company - a tireless and generous chauffeur and a great sharer of Kir Royales in selected hotels etc. She also shares her birthday with my late mother so that's a special connection for me.



Happy Birthday Abby! I hope you have wonderful day.

(Abby's next book is The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress - out in April)


While I was away, another friend, Anna Adams sent me a special award for blogging - the Lemonade Award - for the ability to make lemonade out of lemons - metaphorically speaking. Anna, I'm so sorry to be late with this as I've been struggling to catch up since I got back from Wales.



I'm supposed to pass this on to 10 people who brighten - and sweeten - my days with their blogs but when I checked out Julie Cohen's blog (she's one of the ones I'd nominate but she already had the award passed to her by someone else) I found that at least half of her list matched mine.


But there's no harm in mentioning some people twice. So Julie, Janet Gover, Anna Louise Lucia, Biddy Coady Donna Alward consider yourselves re-nominated! And I'm adding in Anne McAllister, my dear friend Duck in Spain, Anna Adams back at her, Liz Fielding too. And I'd nominate Abby if she had a blog - oh, what the heck I'm nominating her anyway!



Thank you to Jo and Caroline wo have posted writing questions for me - I will answer those in the coming week - so long as Nikos gives me a moment's peace to do so. Still not sure what I'll write about for the Pink Heart Society blog but I'll come up with something.

1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

It was my husband's birthday yesterday too! :-) He's in very good company.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts