Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Stocking Stuffed with Books 6 - Sabrina Philips

I' ve finally managed to sit down at my desk and write this blog after a hectic day posting yet more parcels - if you're expecting a prize from me, it's on its way! - getting the car serviced - washing sheets - the exciting and glamorous life of a romance novelist! So now I can finally talk to you about another of the books in the Christmas Stocking.


I'm really happy to be able to introduce my readers to the final author who has donated her book to the Christmas Stocking Stuffed with Books. As everyone knows, this year has been the 100th birthday of Harlequin Mills and Boon and to reach that amazing milestone - and go on into the future, they need new and up and coming writers for all the lines. This year, several new authors have been signed to write for Presents and you'll be seeing their books coming out in 2009.


The first of these is my guest author today and she is brand-new Presents author Sabrina Philips. Sabrina has her very first book, Valenti's One-Month Mistress out in the UK in February 2009 and then it will be published in America in Presents in March.


But Sabrina has very kindly given me two signed copies of her first release so that I can offer them to you as part of the prize in this special Christmas Contest. This is your chance to be one of the first to read this special book by the newest Modern/Presents author. Sabrina also has her second book already bought and scheduled and that will be out in July in the UK.


Here's a bit more about Valenti's One-Month Mistress


Blackmailed!
Faye Matteson cannot believe the nerve of Dante Valenti! The arrogant Italian expects her to become his mistress in exchange for his help with her failing business.

Defiant!
She fell for him when she was just an innocent – but he took her virginity and left her heartbroken. She’d sworn, Never again!

Taken!
But no one should ever underestimate the power of Dante Valenti’s sensuality. If he wants her, he will have her.



And here's a special message to you all from Sabrina herself.


My next book, 'The Desert King's Bejewelled Bride' is out in the UK in July. (I haven't got a US date yet). I love all Presents men but I think Sheikhs have to be my favourite to read, so it was an absolute joy to write my own - and a non-nonsense heroine to match! I am currently working on my third book about a drop-dead gorgeous French Prince called Leon and a feisty, red-haired art-restorer called Cally. They both appear as secondary characters in 'The Desert King's Bejewelled Bride', and I am really enjoying giving them a story of their own. Hopefully they'll have their happy ever after and be winging their way to my editor's desk in January. That, of course, is if I find time to put fingers to keyboard inbetween all the card-writing, present-buying and festive cooking!


And now the season to be jolly is upon us again, I can't help thinking back to Christmas last year. We have a tradition in our family that when making the Christmas puddings we have to stir them three times and make a wish, and I optimistically wished that I would be published before the year was out (for three years running as a child I wished I could find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, and to be honest, the prospect seemed just as elusive!) So for me to be going in to 2009 with one book in print and the second on the way is literally a dream come true. I really couldn't ask for a better Christmas present! Although I still wouldn't say no to a pot of gold..... ;)


You can find out more about Sabrina and her books on her web site here.

2 comments:

Sabrina Philips said...

Thanks again for including my debut Presents in your stocking Kate! It's such a thrill to have sold in the M&B centenary year too.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, luck in Kate's competition, and may Santa bring you everything you wish for...!

Donna Alward said...

Sabrina...you know, on Dec 31 2005 I made the same resolution. It was going to be my year to sell, and it was.

Enjoy every moment (I know you are) and congratulations and Merry Christmas.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts