Monday, October 15, 2007

Lost for words . . .

I've been finding it hard to write a blog for the last week or so. All sorts of things just keep getting in the way - most of them as a result of concentrating hard on getting the Black Angel finished and the book off my desk and on to my editor's.

Practical stuff like doing the umpteen batches of washing that have piled up while I was concentrating. (I swear they've bred. There's no way the BM and I have worn all those clothes in such a short time!) or restocking the depleted fridge and larder - the cats were going to leave home if they didn't have something tasty very soon. And they didn't mean the frog that Spiffy brought in and dumped in his food bowl as a hint.

Then there was getting to know all over again the man who lives in this house and who I've spotted around the place when I grabbed some food or fell asleep. He's been finishing a book (or two, I think - I've lost count!). This guy says he's my husband and a Babe Magnet too - so I thought I'd better spend some time with him.

And then there were the critiques I had to write - for the RNA's New Writers'Scheme and the Romance Junkies Writing Contest. And the updates for the web site . . . It's interesting but I can write a book and a blog but somehow writing a critique leaves me with no ideas for what to say on here. So I wrote lots of objective, assessing words and had nothing of interest to say when I'd done. So that's why I've been a bit slow about blogging in the last few days - nothing to say.

Now all those bits and pieces are off my desk and I'm coming back to thinking about the blog again. I hope that I'll have more to say now that the admin things are done.

2 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

I love every word you write, Kate. No matter what the subject.:D

I have a photo of my cat, Sassy, on my blog if you'd like to take a peek. :D And autumn photos. This time of year shifts our minds to another gear and we have to adjust to it. I've been going through the same thing.

Hugs, JJ/Blue

Donna Alward said...

Sometimes that happens and you just need to clear the decks.

Now that they are clear(er), I hope you get time to get back in the groove.

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts