Friday, September 14, 2007

This and that

Today, in my role as a Pink Heart Society Columnist , I have a post over on their blog. This one's for Film on Friday and reading through it makes me want to go and get the DVD of the film I've chosen and watch it all over again. It's an oldie but goodie.
What film have I chosen? Ah well, you'll have to go over to the PHS and see.

And while you're there, don't forget to go on the Treasure Hunt and find all the gifts being given to the Little Pink Dancing Guy for his birthday so you can be in the running for the great big prize hamper at the end of the month.

Other things - two special friends of mine are busy on the eHarlequin web site this week -
Julie Cohen is running a Q&A on Tightening up the First Page - lots of great advice so if you're wanting to learn, head over there at once!


And my lovely friend Holly Jacobs has a Weekly on -line Read - The Moments on eHarlequin too.

This is a rather special story for Holly. A mulit-award-winning author, she has always been known for her wonderful light touch in writing romance with a twist of humour in it - first for Flipside, then for Silhouette Romance - but her books have always had a poignancy about them that has never been fully developed. This is all going to change with the publication of her current book - The House on Briar Hill Road.
The House on Briar Hill Road is Holly's first title out in the Harlequin Everlasting Love line and it's a book that's very close to her heart. And it's wonderful, poignant story. A story with real heart. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wins Holly another - well deserved - award.

Holly has sent me some books to put into the Christmas (there's that word again!) Stocking Stuffed with Books - actually they were supposed to go into the Beach Bag Full of Books prize stash but as I've already explained, that contest had to give way this year to the Great Big Blog Party. She sent me a copy of Briar Hill Road then so I got a sneak preview. But I couldn't wait until December to talk about her new book as that might mean you'd miss it because it's out in October - or if you can't wait it's up on the eHarlequin site already.
And talking of great books - I haven't had much time for reading these days - a certain combination of Greek and a deadline and a whip cracking editor - but I did read Liz Fielding's fabulous Reunited: Marriage in A Million. And all I can say is it's another Liz Fielding classic. Considering the horrible day Monday was, a book that can keep my attention and distract and comfort me at that time has to have something special about it. Lovely book, Liz - thank you so much! The only problem is that it's one of a trilogy and now I'm going to have to find out what happens to Simone and Claire . . . Just what I don't need - more books for the TBR mountain.
And talking of that mountain, the next one off it is India Grey's debut novel The Italian's Defiant Mistress which is also out in October - this time in Presents. But I also have Anne McAllister's The Boss's Wife For A Week offering me temptation, and having met Spence and Sadie through Anne's blog, that's a temptation I'm struggling to resist.
But first I have to get back to Angelos and Jessica.

1 comment:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Wild wave to Kate!!! Our season has changed over to an early fall.

Great post!!!

Hugs, JJ/Blue

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts