Friday, May 04, 2007

Great Big Blog Party

Yesterday I mentioned that I was planning a Great Big Blog Party for my 50th book celebrations - and a lot of that is already in hand. Just wait till the beginning of June when The Sicilian's Red-Hot Revenge is published in the UK and then the fun can start.



I have friends, authors, reviewers - all lined up to come and party here and celebrate with me - and now I'd like you to be part of this special event. Because after all, my readers are what all this is about. My readers are imprtant to me - vital! No readers, and I'd find it difficult to keep writing because no one would want my books. So I want my readers to celebrate with me.


One of the things I have planned is a big contest over on My Tote Bag where the lovely Lee will be helping me run a compettion that I hope will see lots of you winning prizes - and one lucky person winning the really special main prize. So if you haven't already checked out My Tote Bag, go and look over there now. You'll find my contest to win signed copies of The Alcolar Family trilogy is still running there until May 15th - and plenty of other great stuff for fans of romance reading too.



So how can you join in the celebrations?

Well, when I was celebrating 20 years of being published, I ran a special poll to find out which books were my readers' favourites - I still have the results of that somewhere. I'll hunt it down and post it so that I can remind myself what the Top Ten books were. This time I'd like to do something similar - but with a slight variation.

I'd like my readers to write to me and tell me which of my 50 titles is your absolute favourite book - and why. Please tell me in detail about one book - and then you can add the titles of your other four top favs to make your personal Top Five. I will pick some of the 'Favourite Book' reviews and post them up here during June and July as part of my 50th book celebrations - and everyone whose review is posted will win a prize of a signed copy of one of my backlist books and one of those KW pens and special KW bookbags. And your post will be up here on my blog, along with posts by lots of other authors, and even one by the BM!

And then I'll collect up all the Top Five Books votes and addd them together to create a brand new Top Ten Kate Walker Novels chart - and we'll see if it's the same or very different from the one you all created for my 20 years celebrations.

So write about your absolute favourite Kate Walker title, add the next 4 faves to the list - and email it to me with FAVOURITE BOOK in the subject line of your email - and I'll start collecting up the names.

And if you need any help remembering the names of all those 50 stories - then you'll find them here on my web site. I'll be adding more blurbs and covers to this listing over the weekend. You'll need this list when Lee posts up the major contest too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAH! This is going to be really hard Kate. I still have 18 back issues in my pile - eek! how long have we got?
I'm on holiday mid June - Looks like I'll be pinching the kids'baggage allowance to fit them all in and catch up.
I DO have a favourite cover though, it's right in front of me as I type. Can we add that too?
best wishes,
Rach.

Kate Walker said...

Rachel I can't believe you have 18 back list books in your pile! You've been collecting - favourite covers would be a good idea too - which book is that?

Kate

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts