Friday, September 29, 2006

Sunday is Sid's day


Sid is getting excited - doesn't he look excited in this picture?


Saturday is September 30th and the 30th is the closing date for my latest contest - the Back To School Contest - that's on my web site at the moment. So of course that measn that Sid is going to be busy choosing the names of the winners - and he's just taken a look at the entries . . .

There are 400 of them! Which, allowing for the fact that some people will have to be disqualified because they haven't answered the question I asked - they've just sent in a name and address when the rules clearly state that I need an answer to the trivia question - still means that there will be at least 375 names to choose from.

And that means 375 crunchies! Which is fine in Sid's book!

But he's never had to deal with 375 crunchies before - and even for A Cat of Superior Breeding like Sid, that might be something of a challenge. I think it's something of a record for entries to my contest - so I'm going to do something about that.

You see, I only have 3 prizes . 3 sets of Back To School stationery - and a signed copy of one of my books - all packed into one of my special bookbags.

But I have almost 400 entries. And by Sunday morning, when Sid gets called in to choose, I may have even more.

But I'm celebrating this week - as I said in an earlier post, At The Sheikh's Command spent two days at #1 on the Amazon.com bestselling Presents titles list. And in the UK they only have 2 copies left on Amazon.co.uk - and just now I've just discovered that it's at #1 on the Barnes & Noble bestseller list too. So that makes me happy - gives me something to celebrate. And as regular visitors to my blog know, when I'm celebrating I give things away.

So - here's the deal. The Contest closes tomorrow. When I wake up on October 1st, Sid will be ready to pick the prizes - the 3 main prizes.

And then because I'm celebrating, I'll add in some extra prizes of a signed copy of a book from my backlist - one for every 100 entries in the contest.
So right now that's an extra 4 prizes. An extra 4 chances of winning something.
If I get another 100 entries, there will be another prize added to the total.

But even if Sid thinks he can cope with this all on his own, I reckon he'll need a little extra help so I'm going to call in the other cats to assist him.

So here are Bob and Spiff sitting about in the garden, waiting to be called in to do their share of the choosing








And here is Dylan, being distracted by Anne McAllister until he gets to have a go at the crunchies . . .

So why not give them all a chance to have a few more treats? The more entries I get, the more crunchies the furry guys have to go at. . .

The contest is on the Contest Page (obviously) on my web site. Sid & co will thank you for it.

Just don't forget to answer the question!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, if you let Sid eat all those crunchies on his own, he will probably enact the 'Cecil was a caterpillar' joke for you. (If you don't know the joke, Chris will tell you next time we see you. Be warned, it's visual!)

PS - we're right next to each other on the shelves in my WH Smith's, today!

Unknown said...

Forget the crunchies, I'm sending the "tribe" cat nip in hopes of my name being chosen. You go Sid and gang!

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts