Thursday, April 27, 2006

And talking of cats . . . and web sites

In my previous post, I mentioned that I might have time now to stroke a cat - and of course there is one particular cat who is very pleased about that. 'About time too!' says Sid. 'I've been badly neglected while you were gadding about in London and tweaking Sicilians.'

Sid has also noticed the new- and very handsome - cat on the block - Nigel. Nigel appeared on Liz Fielding's Blog and has been garnering great praise as a result, His is actually Liz's grand-cat, belonging to her daughter, and he is a very fine cat indeed.

But he's not Sid. And Sid has had his elegant browny-pink nose put a little out of joint by all the attention that Nigel has been getting. He has demanded that I post another picture of His Sidness just to remind everyone who is actually First Cat around here.

And so - to appease him - and for his special friend and fan, Anne McAllister - and to thank her for her very kind post about my 12 Point Guide earlier this week - here is Sir Sidney St John Willoughby Portly Lummox in his usual position on my desk


PS My friends over at Romance Junkies are close to a Million hits for April and they want to make that very special total if they can. Help us reach their goal by going to the site and taking a look around. If you love Romance there's lots of information to find there - and even if you've already visited, then I bet there's something new there you've never seen. Hurry! There's only 3.5 more days left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to visit the site but I kept getting a message saying the server couldn't be found. I'll try again tomorrow.

Please tell Sid that as far as I'm concerned, he has nothing to worry about. Liz's grand-cat is indeed a handsome chap but Sid is still very much THE cat of the romance blogosphere. He won me a book, after all :)

Kate Walker said...

Sharon - thanks- I hope the server is up again now. I tried it and it was. Sid says to say that he knows he is THE cat - and he very much appreciates your good taste in recognising that fact :-)

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts