Friday, March 03, 2006

Contest prize winners



Sid the cat is sleeping off his treats, having eaten quite a few crunchies as he chose the winners of my February Mr Wonderful Contest

The answers to the questions were –
The titles of my next two books to be published are

The Married Mistress in USA
And
The Italian’s Forced Bride

in UK


Thank you to everyone who entered - And the winners are:

Ellie Lewis Albuquerque, New Mexico
Susan Wise Lanesborough, Massachusetts
Fiona Waterworth Sunderland UK

They all win a signed copy of their choice of my backlist, a Kate Walker bookbag and of course, their very own mini-hunk, Mr Wonderful.

This contest is now closed – but I will be planning another one very soon. Just as soon as I can decide on the prizes.
As Easter is coming up, I suspect that chocolate may have to be involved.
And keep your eyes open for special blog-only contests as and when I think of reasons to run them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate. Just wondering whether you know why the same story is given a different title in the US and the UK? Don't worry if you don't know - it's just simple curiosity form my side.

~Sharon J

Kate Walker said...

Hi Sharron - I'm sorry, I think I may have slightly misled you in the post. The two books that I have coming out in the UK and America aren;t the same book with two totally different titles - it's two completely different books.

The Married Mistress came out in UK a couple of years ago and is only now being published in America. This happens sometimes - books can take a while to be published in different countries.

The Italian's Forced Bride is a brand new story that is being published for the first time in UK in April. I've been told that it will be coming out in America - hopefully later in 2006.

Hope this clears it up.

But occasionally some books I know are retitled for the American market, if they think that the UK title won't appeal or is incomprehensible to the readers. It can happen with films as well - there's a film that was called Animal Attraction and it became Someone Like You.

I suppose someone who knows the market decides.

Kate

Kate Walker said...

PS - Sorry Sharon - I just noticed I mispelled your name in that post. A slip of the keyboard!

Sorry - Sharon!

Kate

 

Home Bio Books USA Readers Writers Contests Events Blog Links

Join Kate's Newsletter

Email Kate

Modified and Maintained by HR Web Concepts